The Claims process is primarily governed by the Carriage of Goods legislation and Tranznorth’s rules, and includes the following processes:
- We will have no liability unless a written claim supplying all required particulars is received by Us within thirty days from date of delivery, or in the case of non-delivery, or non-collection, within thirty days of the date of dispatch, and unless you assist us in fully investigating the events leading to the claim.
- No claim may be brought for any reason unless the action is properly brought within 12 months of the date on which the cause of action occurred, or when delivery or collection should have been completed, whichever is the earlier.
- In all cases of claims, the amount owing for Freight remains payable and no claim will be paid by Us unless the freight costs have been paid for by You. We reserve the right to offset any unpaid freight against the value of the claim.
- Tranznorth accept no liability for improperly marked or labelled consignments, in respect of either address, fragility or temperature requirements.
- If an infra-red temperature measuring device is used to measure temperature and subsequently give rise to a claim, that claim is invalidated, due to the unreliability of such devices for this application.
- In the event of a claim being accepted by Tranznorth, we are liable for the cost price of the goods, up to a maximum of $2,000 (inclusive of GST) per unit of goods. To establish this amount a claim form needs to have attached the customer invoice, and a pro forma invoice to Tranznorth for the value claimed.
- A claim will only be accepted where Tranznorth retains ownership and possession of the goods involved, such ownership passing to Tranznorth upon their acceptance of the claim. Tranznorth has the right to sell or otherwise dispose of the goods involved.
- Tranznorth endeavours to respond to all properly documented claims within 14 days of receipt. If we accept the claim, it will be credited on or about the 20th of the month following receipt of the claim, subject to point 3 above. If the claim is rejected we will advise you by email, including the reasons.